Federal Tax Credit
- Residential Renewables: 30% of the cost of the system for qualifying renewables installed after 2008 (no maximum).
- Corporate Tax Credit:30% for solar, fuel cells, small wind and 10% for geothermal, microturbines and CHP
- La Plata Electric Customer Rebates: up to $150 for residential and $300 for commercial professional energy audits, LED light rebates, ENERGY STAR appliances, and more
- Empire Electric Association: half off energy audits up to $500, LED rebates (credits), ENERGY STAR appliances, and more
- San Miguel Power Association: Energy audits, LED rebates (credits), and more
- Source Gas and Atmos Energy: Excess is Out rebates for energy audits, insulation, boilers, furnaces, air sealing, and more.
Energy Star Rebate Program
Reduce utility bills in LPEA territory by replacing old refrigerators or freezers with newer Energy Star models. Old appliances can consume 2 - 4 times more energy annually than a new model. How Much?
How to Get the Energy Star Rebate
- $40 for Purchasing an ENERGY STAR Refrigerator/Freezer
- $40 for Dishwashers
- $40 for Clothes washers
- Verify that a specific model qualifies by visiting www.energystar.gov and review the complete list.
- Visit the LPEA site and submit the application.
- Submit the application within 180 days of purchase, along with an original, dated proof-of-purchase invoice or receipt by mail or in person:
La Plata Electric Association
45 Stewart Street, Durango
603 S. 8th Street, Pagosa Springs
Where do I get an Energy Star Appliance?
ENERGY STAR appliance rebates are offered through area vendors as well as through manufacturers. For more information, go to the Energy Star Web site and enter your zip code and any appliances you are interested to obtain a rebate for.
What do I do with my old Refrigerator? Get another rebate!
- $25 for Recycling a Refrigerator/Freezer
- Recycle Rebates are available year round